A beautifully detailed antique French Henri II style walnut buffet circa 1875. The walnut possesses a gorgeous sheen and lustre ... moreA beautifully detailed antique French Henri II style walnut buffet circa 1875. The walnut possesses a gorgeous sheen and lustre to the patina. The artisan took full advantage of the natural beauty of walnut to use both architectural and decorative details to enhance the overall impact of the piece. The front of each cabinet door features beautifully carved designs in the manner of Jean Berain who became famous in the seventeenth century for the beauty and intricacy of his artistry. The French antique buffet base contains a pair of drawers carved with a similar motif that relates to that seen in the crown above. Each drawer retains its original solid brass handle. The pair of cabinet doors in the base feature extravagantly carved panels in the same style as the upper doors and they are also flanked by larger single columns. Both doors also open to reveal storage space with an interior shelf. The lower edge of the base has a moulded edge that is elevated above the ground and stands on compressed spherical feet in the front and straight timber legs in the back. This piece reveals the genius of French design which always sought to combine beauty and function in the same piece by the choice of wonderful materials and elegant proportion. less
- 59ʺW × 21.25ʺD × 38.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.