Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This stunning Period Louis XV Rocaille console with its original conforming marble top has been stripped at some point in ...
moreThis stunning Period Louis XV Rocaille console with its original conforming marble top has been stripped at some point in its history. French wall consoles with two feet were often used in conjunction with boiserie or paneled rooms, when some furnishings were attached to the walls. The Rocaille or Rococo aesthetic was taken from nature in the form of rockwork, grotto ornaments, shells, and foliate scrollwork. Asymmetry was all pervasive but with a balancing of equal masses when applied. It began in France in the early 1700s with the leading ornamentalists of the style being Meissonier and Oppenord.
This French Rocaille console is extremely elegant with balanced and measured lines. The grain of the European oak boards has been situated strategically throughout the console to complement the sinuous and finely carved curvilinear motifs. The conforming marble top is original to the piece. Period Louis XV consoles of this caliber are not easily found. This one will be an elegant focal point wherever it is placed.
CONDITION: Good antique condition commensurate with age of 1700’s; losses to motifs, old restorations, age separations. less
- 40.75ʺW × 20.25ʺD × 31.75ʺH
- Early 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
Good antique condition commensurate with age of 1700’s; losses to motifs, old restorations, age separations.
H=31 3/4 ... moreGood antique condition commensurate with age of 1700’s; losses to motifs, old restorations, age separations.
H=31 3/4, W=40 3/4, D=20 1/4 less
- Table Shape
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.