Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The Languedoc is a region which stretches roughly from Montpellier to Toulouse. In the 18th century, there a handful of ...
moreThe Languedoc is a region which stretches roughly from Montpellier to Toulouse. In the 18th century, there a handful of production centers that making high quality furniture. The Languedoc commodes often share several traits with commodes from Provence. They can often be created as "Sauteuse" models, which have two drawers, and taller legs, such as this one. Some of the commodes were "galbe" or rounded/curved in the front. More rare, were models which were both galbe and "arbalete" or crossbow front, such as this one. Not only is the front galbe, but so are the sides. This would have been a very difficult piece to carve. It is carved out of walnut wood, which was the preferred wood. The top is the original stone to the piece, called St. Cyr.
Long before the commode’s appearance in other regions of France, commodes from the South of France were known to be the ultimate in construction and by far, the most elegant in their design. This commode is no exception to the rule. It will be the focal point of any room it is placed in.
CONDITION: Very good antique condition; minor rubs, nicks, losses of wood, and age separations. less
- 51.38ʺW × 27.88ʺD × 33.38ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
Very good antique condition; minor rubs, nicks, losses of wood, and age separations.
H=33 3/8, L=51 3 ... Very good antique condition; minor rubs, nicks, losses of wood, and age separations.
H=33 3/8, L=51 3/8, D=27 7/8 less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.