Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This elegant pair of 19th century Louis XV style Cabriolet fauteuils or armchairs has been made from French walnut wood ...
moreThis elegant pair of 19th century Louis XV style Cabriolet fauteuils or armchairs has been made from French walnut wood. They have been upholstered with Toile de Jouy and affixed to the chairs with small brass nailheads.
The cresting at top center depicts a stylized shell flanked by floral and foliate motifs. This is repeated on the sides of the chair back with a single flower and leaves, while the seat and arms have acanthus leaves, shells and scrolls.
The toile de jouy has a red background with creams and tans and depicts genre scenes of a country house having a water wheel on the side. There is a congregation of people and their animals having a festive outdoor gathering. Toile de Jouy translates to cloth from Jouy-en-Josas, a town near Versailles. The fabrics were cotton or linen printed with designs of landscapes and figures. The Jouy factory was started in 1760 by Christophe-Philippe Oberkampf, a Franco-German. These Louis XV style fauteuils will grace any area of the home.
CONDITION: Good. Minor rubs and nicks to wood; losses to varnish in areas. less
- 26ʺW × 21ʺD × 39.62ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good. Minor rubs and nicks to wood; losses to varnish in areas. Good. Minor rubs and nicks to wood; losses to varnish in areas. less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 21.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 21.625 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.