Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The 'Cross of Saint Louis', carved into the front panels of this armoire represents L'Ordre de Saint Louis. This was ...
moreThe 'Cross of Saint Louis', carved into the front panels of this armoire represents L'Ordre de Saint Louis. This was an honorary recognition devised by King Louis XIV in 1693, and the first of its kind that gave special honors for military officers. This armoire was likely commissioned for or by one of these officers at the very beginning of the 18th century. The work is of the Lyon region of France.
The deeply carved moldings and motifs is what confirms this is from the Regence period (1715-1723). We see scrolling rinceau, palmettes depicting the Fleur De Lis, the bat’s wing, gadrooned lobes and many other floral and foliate motifs. The sides have five enclosed panels each. The interior has one shelf , and all this rests upon two incised bun feet and two back block feet. This beautifully designed and stately walnut armoire from Lyon will make an imposing statement in any room its placed. Original hardware, Lock, and Key.
CONDITION: There are old restorations, age separations, minor rubs to some motifs, very minor cracks in areas and old wood worm. less
- 83.5ʺW × 34.75ʺD × 111ʺH
- Early 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- There are old restorations, age separations, minor rubs to some motifs, very minor cracks in areas and old wood worm. There are old restorations, age separations, minor rubs to some motifs, very minor cracks in areas and old wood worm. less
- Brown Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Dallas Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- French Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Louis XIV Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Outdoor Furniture
- Shabby Chic Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Traditional Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Walnut Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- Wood Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.