Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This beautiful section of boiserie has been carved from softwood in the 17th century (upper section pieces only). It has ...
moreThis beautiful section of boiserie has been carved from softwood in the 17th century (upper section pieces only). It has been completely cleaned (stripped) and clear waxed at some point in it's history, and about 15 years ago, the previous owners added the base section (one piece), and backing.
The motifs are acanthus leaves in various forms, discs, scrolls and beading. To the sides of the center open section are crowns with ribbons. The one on the left is over an arrangement of irises while the one on the right is over an arrangement of roses. Beneath each is a draped cartouche with roses hanging from the center. Both of these sections are slightly curved inward to the central covered alcove. The opening is curved at the top with the ceiling being flat. Different motifs described above are at the back and the front. A bracket is above this blending into the ceiling molding.
This beautiful section of French Boiserie could be placed in front of any type of window from clear glass to stained glass or mirrored glass. The alcove could also feature a painting, statue, bust, tapestry section or any piece of sculpture. It could be used in numerous applications.
CONDITION: Very good condition; old restorations and additions, minor age cracks, minor losses to wood, traces of old wood worm. less
- 110.62ʺL × 14ʺD × 97.12ʺH
- 17th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition; old restorations and additions, minor age cracks, minor losses to wood, traces of old wood worm. Very good condition; old restorations and additions, minor age cracks, minor losses to wood, traces of old wood worm. less
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.