Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This large antique French barbotine vase was created in a faiencerie in the town of Bourg-la-Reine, France, in the late ...
moreThis large antique French barbotine vase was created in a faiencerie in the town of Bourg-la-Reine, France, in the late 1800’s. It is signed Richard, and raised initials of EM on the bottom. Barbotine or slipware painting is a method in which colored clays were used impasto, often in considerable thickness so that after the work had been fired and glazed it bore some resemblance to an oil painting. The technique was extremely difficult to complete and few artists were able to accomplish it. There were approximately five faienceries in Bourg-la-Reine in the late 1800’s and numerous artisans working in them. Few were adept in barbotine.
This antique grande barbotine vase from Bourg-la-Reine is a piece of magnificent artwork in itself. Probably fashioned after the simplicity of Japanese artwork which was extremely popular at the time, this artist has achieved a breathtakingly beautiful scene on this barbotine vase.
Suitable for any visible area in the home, this piece will command attention.
Minor losses of glaze. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 27.38ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Minor losses of glaze Minor losses of glaze less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.