Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This piece is what some call a butler's secretary and was most likely used to conduct the domestic business of ...
moreThis piece is what some call a butler's secretary and was most likely used to conduct the domestic business of a household. This mahogany Dutch large buffet or cabinet with a front fall desk has wonderful inlaid marquetry of satinwood with decorative motifs. The marquetry figures include: urns, flora and fauna, ribbons, birds, and bell flora patterns running vertically across the piece. Note how the details of how the marquetry inlays appear delicately from the turned wooden knobs to the shaped feet. With three drawers, four doors with shelves and a front fall desk that contains an additional ten small drawers and four cubbies this piece has an immense amount of storage making it a beautiful and practical piece. The four drawers have wooden escutcheons and brass lock and latch that lock with a key. The interior of the desk have brass knobs on the drawers and brass hinges, brackets and latches. The red leather writing surface has been recently replaced and has hand tooled blind tooling with an inner band of gilt tooling.
Holland, circa 1820's
Measurements : 41.5" H X 67.5" W X 23.25" D
Materials and Techniques: Marquetry, Mahogany, Gilt leather, Brass, Fruitwood
Condition: Good. May have very minor: shrinkage, cracking, surface oxidization and rubbing as is normally found with a piece of this age. The leather is new.
Reference: 8091406 less
- 67.5ʺW × 23.25ʺD × 41.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
The DECASO Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on DECASO in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.