Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This large frame was originally heavily carved and gilded and now has a simplified, rustic surface with remnants of gilt ...
moreThis large frame was originally heavily carved and gilded and now has a simplified, rustic surface with remnants of gilt and plaster in the carved borders. The frame has a label from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art indicating it once held an oil painting by the Dutch Painter, Jan Asselyn (1610-1652) having been donated from the collection of William Randolph Hearst. It is unclear when the frame and painting came together, and therefore how old the frame is, but it looks to be from at least the 18th century.
France, 18th Century
80.25" H X 63" W X 4" D
Materials and Techniques: Carved wood, and remnants of gilded plaster decorative elements.
Reference: J01008 less
- 63ʺW × 4ʺD × 80.25ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- This item has signs of wear commensurate with it's History and treatment. This item has signs of wear commensurate with it's History and treatment. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.