Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
American Swiss music box silver plated Grand piano by Zimbalist. A grand piano with ornately engraved case of silver-plated brass ...
moreAmerican Swiss music box silver plated Grand piano by Zimbalist. A grand piano with ornately engraved case of silver-plated brass with extremely fancy scrollwork contains a 30-note Thorens musical movement. The piano lid opens to reveal both the musical movement and a compartment for storing the extra tune discs . The inside of the hinged piano lid features an engraved mosque with minarets and the piano also has a hinged fall-board above the piano keyboard.
Fred Zimbalist, Cleveland, Ohio, circa 1965 employing a Thorens disc musical movement by Melodies,S.A. of Switzerland. Zimbalist promoted the face that no two of his music boxes were alike. He commissioned his cases from artists in India who were left with no other instructions than to create a special article into which musical movements of given dimensions could be mounted. According to his literature, the pieces were "purely handmade, untouched by machines. The casting process is done in hand-prepared sand molds, turning on hand-driven lathes. The engraving is done with fine, chisel-like tools and wooden hammers. Finally, the art piece is polished with woolen puffs until the pieces glitter like gold. less
- 9ʺW × 15ʺD × 13ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.