Rarel pencil drawing on wood board of a distinguished gentleman, by Raul Manteola, New York, 1964. Signed and dated lower ...
moreRarel pencil drawing on wood board of a distinguished gentleman, by Raul Manteola, New York, 1964. Signed and dated lower front.
Raul Manteola (1905-1974 ) was a Chilean artist renowned in Argentina in the mid- twentieth century as an advertising illustrator and propaganda Peronist. In Chile , Raul Manteola became known thanks to his long collaboration, since 1922, with the magazine El Peneca . He was also cartoonist weekly film Ecran , "when this was of great format and elegant presentation." He emigrated to Argentina in 1935, "in search of better prospects and triumphed in Buenos Aires with his drawings to pastel elegant girls of the city." That same year he began working in the magazine Para Ti , of Editorial Atlantida , A traditional publication aimed at a female audience, the weekly newspaper that was the largest circulation in Latin America. For over 20 years he illustrated his covers and, as a review of the same publication says, "I was able to capture the detail, expression and soul of each of its models." By the 1950s he worked illustrating female figures magazine for yourselves. In addition to his work in magazines, it is especially known for the propaganda posters of Juan Domingo Peron and Eva Peron made during the first government justicialista . The images were reproduced in multiple posters, posters and postcards. The portrait of Eva Peron was reported by the newspaper La Capital de Rosario as the most widespread of the Spiritual Leader of the Nation . less
- 26.25ʺW × 1.75ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.