The charm of this vintage French display cabinet circa 1950 is a combination of its open shelves, painted finish and ... moreThe charm of this vintage French display cabinet circa 1950 is a combination of its open shelves, painted finish and pointed top flying a banner flag waving a breeze. Reminiscent of ancient medieval structures as well as open market day tents the contrast between the dark base of lighter upper section is quite striking. The custom painted wood base has an ebonized black colour with an incised design picked out by leaving the undercoat visible that shows the organic pattern against the dark finish. The straight legs end in larger block feet that give both a visual and actual weight to the base and upper section. Please enlarge and zoom on the photographs to see the unique details that give this French etagére its wonderful appeal as the iron frame showcases a hand applied creamy gray painted finish. Notice how each of the three glass shelves (original so show slight signs of wear) are supported by the iron frame with a whimsical design of interlocking open half moons while the pitched tent top has open ribbons of iron topped by a waving pennant. The lightness and transparency of this separate upper structure that stands upon the wooden base enables the objects displayed to be seen to full advantage. less
- 16.5ʺW × 16.5ʺD × 82ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
- Antique White China & Display Cabinets
- Black China & Display Cabinets
- French China & Display Cabinets
- Glass China & Display Cabinets
- Gold China & Display Cabinets
- Gothic China & Display Cabinets
- Gray China & Display Cabinets
- Houston China & Display Cabinets
- Iron China & Display Cabinets
- Lights China & Display Cabinets
- Medieval China & Display Cabinets
- Metal China & Display Cabinets
- Paint China & Display Cabinets
- Shabby Chic China & Display Cabinets
- Transparent China & Display Cabinets
- White China & Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.