This product is no longer available.
An 18c trumeau with a cartouche of an oil on canvas painting. This mirror is a fine example of the ...
moreAn 18c trumeau with a cartouche of an oil on canvas painting. This mirror is a fine example of the decoration which emerged during the Regence period (1700-1730), having an undulating use of C-scrolls around the painting, gilded frame around the mirror and painting, yet still incorporating molding in the 17c, low relief style known as Berain. Most significantly, the mirror sports a beautiful and delicately carved, pierced scalloped shell, presented in a slightly rigid and symmetrical manner (in the Louis XV era, ornament such as the ever popular scallop shell would be presented in a more supple and asymmetrical form). The subject matter of the Regence period is pastoral--less heroic than that of earlier periods.
The trumeau shows signs of wear, most notably the loss of paint on the canvas and wear to the lower corners of the piece. The wooden surround has been repainted. The glass is original, and the gilded moldings are in notably good condition, with the carving and gilding intact. less
- 44ʺW × 1ʺD × 67ʺH
- Early 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Condition Notes
- Very good antique condition. Please refer to the photographs, which are highly representative, and also to the description above. Very good antique condition. Please refer to the photographs, which are highly representative, and also to the description above. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.