This product is no longer available.
An alluring set of gilt bronze hands and arms from a large, unidentified Tibetan gilt bronze deity, possibly Chakrasamvara. Superbly ...
moreAn alluring set of gilt bronze hands and arms from a large, unidentified Tibetan gilt bronze deity, possibly Chakrasamvara. Superbly cast and richly gilded. Late 15th - early 16th century.
Creating a fan formation, each of the four right arms and hands in this set extends outwards, and is bent slightly at the elbows, hands all displaying bhutadamara mudra, the gesture of dispelling demons and fear. Pegs and holes in the hands indicate that each of the hands would originally have held an attribute, all now lost.
The arms and adorned with finely cast armlets and bracelets, all based around a vajra motif. The vajra motif might give some clue as the original identity of the deity.
A brilliant, rich gilding covers the arms, stopping at the hands, which have been left un-gilt.
Measurements of arms alone: 7 in. high 5.5 in. wide
Mounted on a custom metal stand. less
- 6ʺW × 2.5ʺD × 9ʺH
- 15th Century & Earlier
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Fragment of a larger statue. Attributes missing. Some rubbing to the gilding. A large casting flaw to the back of ... moreFragment of a larger statue. Attributes missing. Some rubbing to the gilding. A large casting flaw to the back of some of the arms, as see in images less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.