This item is exclusive to DECASO. This set of mixed-technique double cargo bags represents perhaps the most recognizable and distinctly ... moreThis item is exclusive to DECASO. This set of mixed-technique double cargo bags represents perhaps the most recognizable and distinctly Luri-Bakhtiari type of woven object. This excellent example utilizes all vegetable dyes and is noticeably older than most seen on the market today. Two elongated sumak bag faces feature thin blue fields, which are drawn with an abstract rendition of a Persian leaf and palmette design. Presumably, this motif is borrowed from the design of main borders on carpets. The inner perimeters of each is traced with animal head motifs in red and white. Weft float animates the top fasteners as pile sections, drawing eight-pointed stars, secure the bottom portions of each bag. Colorful crenelated designs and plain stripes are executed in slit tapestry weave on the backs. Collection of Dr. and Mrs. William T. Price. less
- 3′2″ × 5′2″ and 1.0″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.