A tall and slender Arts and Crafts hexagonal lantern with an elaborate metal frame and custom coloured glass panes from ... moreA tall and slender Arts and Crafts hexagonal lantern with an elaborate metal frame and custom coloured glass panes from Edwardian England c.1910. This unique lantern has a gorgeous frame of metal tracery that creates a sense of lightness even though it provides secure support for the amber coloured glass. The combination of the patinated metal with its golden colour is entirely complementary to the colour of the glass and when the lantern is lit casts the most amazing warmth with its glow. Interestingly two opposite sides of this lantern have been fitted with clear glass in order to increase the amount of light cast when the lantern is lit. The lantern is suspended from an open ring with six chains that attach at each corner of the hexagon. The upper section of the frame is wider and has the feeling of a hood over the entire piece. Each of the six separate upper sections of the frame are framed with a wide border of the metal while within there is a pattern made of more slender components that have a rounded and arched shape. The contrast between the wide bands and the more decorative tracery creates the charm and attractiveness exhibited by the lantern. Please note how the lower border on each of the upper sections has a pair of arches with the more slender tracing. Each of the six vertical panels on the lantern also have a border that is the same scale as the upper hooded section. These strong vertical lines again serve to frame the delicate tracery pattern of the internal metal work. Please use the zoom feature on our website to see this lovely design and the texture of the glass panels. The long slender lines of the metalwork meet at the top just beneath the hooded areas in an arched pattern that contrasts beautifully with the amber glass as well. The entire lantern has been rewired for American electricity and is fitted on the interior with three sockets that will each accommodate a standard base bulb. This ability to house three bulbs gives the lantern the ability to cast a bright light to illuminate a hallway, stair landing or room with ease while furnishing a warm and enchanting glow. less
- 15ʺW × 15ʺD × 46ʺL
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent! Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent! Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.