A lovely antique Italian Rococo style bombé chest of drawers, circa 1885 having the original painted floral decoration. Please notice ... moreA lovely antique Italian Rococo style bombé chest of drawers, circa 1885 having the original painted floral decoration. Please notice the gorgeous shaped top, sides and front of this chest that include the gently curved cabriole legs known as a "Commode a Galbe". This type of chest with painted decoration was meant to fool the eye by painting across any seams where the drawers open so as to present an unbroken surface. The use of flamboyant scrolls to enclose the floral decoration was a particular Rococo trait and is seen not only on furniture, but on interior architecture including walls and ceilings as well. The drawer pulls are made of varnished bronze as gilding was used more often on Neoclassical furniture. The deep ochre colour is particularly reminiscent of Tuscany and Umbria and the Italian countryside. less
- 47ʺW × 21ʺD × 33ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
- Bronze Chests of Drawers
- Bronze Chests of Drawers
- Brown Chests of Drawers
- Gold Chests of Drawers
- Green Chests of Drawers
- Houston Chests of Drawers
- Italian Chests of Drawers
- Louis XV Chests of Drawers
- Mediterranean Chests of Drawers
- Metal Chests of Drawers
- Paint Chests of Drawers
- Red Chests of Drawers
- Rococo Chests of Drawers
- Traditional Chests of Drawers
- Wood Chests of Drawers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.