This product is no longer available.
This beautiful antique French Louis XV style painted buffet circa 1900 has a unique arrangement of open and closed display ... moreThis beautiful antique French Louis XV style painted buffet circa 1900 has a unique arrangement of open and closed display and storage. During the Louis XV period in the eighteenth century there was an emphasis on showcasing elements of the natural world. Flowers, leaves, vines, shells are all motifs incorporated into the flow of decoration but what sets better pieces of furniture apart from lesser quality items is the combination of placement and how well the carvings are configured. This antique French buffet has a pair of cabinet doors along with a pair of drawers flanking the central open display space. Please take a look at the beautifully detailed carving, especially the upper section of each cabinet door as well as the lavish display seen on the apron between the two front legs. The artisan who created this Louis XV style French buffet knew exactly how to scale the proportion of the different motifs to make a pleasing arrangement. Even the front legs are embellished with carved details that lead to a foot with the pattern known as "coquille" because of its resemblance to a shell. The central open display section of this painted French buffet has a shelf to increase its available space and the entire opening has a lovely moulded edge that is curvilinear in form and relates visually to the curves used elsewhere in the decoration. The refreshed painted finish is of exceptional quality as seen by the almost magical manner in which the colours highlight the various decorative motifs. The subtle contrasts in the surface are brought to life through both the carving and the paint together. All of the steel hardware (hinges, knobs and the escutcheon lock covers) is original and become part of the overall experience of the buffet because they are painted as well. When then cabinet doors are open each of the storage spaces also have a shelf to effectively double the available space. This painted buffet was meant to be seen from the sides as well as the front so the sides feature a curved and recessed panel, a curved apron and a finished back foot. less
- 54.5ʺW × 19.75ʺD × 39.25ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Wood Credenzas and Sideboards
- Louis XV Credenzas and Sideboards
- Metal Credenzas and Sideboards
- Shabby Chic Credenzas and Sideboards
- Walnut Credenzas and Sideboards
- French Credenzas and Sideboards
- Blue Credenzas and Sideboards
- Steel Credenzas and Sideboards
- Traditional Credenzas and Sideboards
- Paint Credenzas and Sideboards
- Shell Credenzas and Sideboards
- White Credenzas and Sideboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.