This handsome antique French oak buffet circa 1875 features a wonderful painted finish applied to take advantage of the graphic ... moreThis handsome antique French oak buffet circa 1875 features a wonderful painted finish applied to take advantage of the graphic curved decoration. Because the buffet has three drawers and three cabinet doors it was created to offer a maximum amount of storage space in addition to being a beautiful element of the interior design in a home. Please notice that the top serving surface even has the original plate groove used for the display of large platters as the groove keeps the lower edge of each platter in a secure position. The overall impression of this French buffet is one of symmetry and balance. The arched panel on the centre door is matched by the sloped panels seen on the left and right doors with the orientation of the moulding flowing away from the centre. The front cabriole legs are joined by a gently undulating apron whose outline flows seamlessly when it meets the leg. This shaped apron continues along both sides as they are an important part of the entire presentation. The front corners of the buffet and the sections between the cabinet doors and drawers are recessed and again defined by the contrast in paint colour. Both the sides are emphasized with a pair of square recessed panels that add visual definition and interest. The clean and lyrical pattern of the different parts of this painted antique buffet make this a very easy cabinet to place in a contemporary interior. less
- 80ʺW × 19.5ʺD × 39.5ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent! Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent! Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.