"The Triumph of Eucharistic Truth over Heresy", an engraving of the painting by Peter Paul Rubens c.1800. This extraordinarily ... more"The Triumph of Eucharistic Truth over Heresy", an engraving of the painting by Peter Paul Rubens c.1800. This extraordinarily large engraving is a double page rendition and was originally in a folio edition of the works of Rubens. The original painting in the collection of the Prado Museum in Madrid, Spain dates to 1626 and represents the Blood and Body of Christ presented to non believers. The extreme emotional reaction of the heretics is a hallmark of the Baroque period of which Rubens was one of the most famous artists. Curiously this engraving is a mirror image of the original painting. The engraving remains in a nineteenth century frame embellished with gold leaf as well as the original glass with its customary rippled surface. The large scale of this piece conveys the power and majesty of the Baroque era and rewards close examination to see the hand of Rubens. Please enlarge all of the additional photographs provided to see these details in close up. less
- 47ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 38ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Sculpture Materials Sculptural Wall Objects
- Neoclassical Sculptural Wall Objects
- White Sculptural Wall Objects
- Brown Sculptural Wall Objects
- Gold Sculptural Wall Objects
- Traditional Sculptural Wall Objects
- Baroque Sculptural Wall Objects
- Glass Sculptural Wall Objects
- Houston Sculptural Wall Objects
- Ornamental and Decorative Materials Sculptural Wall Objects
- Paint Sculptural Wall Objects
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.