This product is no longer available.
An English Regency period gold leaf circular frame circa 1825 enclosing the original convex mirror glass. This type of round ... moreAn English Regency period gold leaf circular frame circa 1825 enclosing the original convex mirror glass. This type of round mirror became especially popular during the Regency period in England (1810-1830) especially for use in a dining room. The supreme advantage of a convex mirror glass is that it is able to reflect a much larger area of an interior than a flat mirror glass. When a hostess was seated at the head of a table she could, with a quick glance into the convex glass, be sure when all her guests were finished with a particular course of dinner and signal to the servants that it was time to clear the table before continuing with the next round of dining. Because of their expense they were limited to upper class households whose owners had the leisure and money available to entertain at home on a regular basis. The great depth on this frame is essential to its effect when hanging on a wall as this enables the interior of the frame to cut sharply to the centre. Within the interior of the frame there is a concave section that contains nineteen spheres sheathed in the same gold leaf as the frame. These spheres are placed symmetrically around the frame and their globular shape is a nice complement to the round profile. The manner in which the available light in a room bounced around the frame created a pleasing variety of shadows and reflection that is as potent today as it appeared when first crafted. The convex mirror glass is surrounded by an ebonized frame with a reeded profile known as a "slip" because of the way the glass slips within the frame. The contrast between the black colour of the slip and the richness of the gold leaf is quite handsome and the circular shape adds an intriguingly different shape when furnishing a room. These mirrors are remarkably versatile in their ability to be splendid whether the design is contemporary or traditional because of their graphic quality that always makes them a focal point. less
- 19.5ʺW × 3ʺD × 19.5ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- English Traditional
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.