A handsome gold leaf frame in the manner designed by famed English architect Robert Adam (1728-1792) that encloses the mirror ... moreA handsome gold leaf frame in the manner designed by famed English architect Robert Adam (1728-1792) that encloses the mirror glass from England c.1895. Please notice the unusual shape of this frame with its straight sides that meet each corner with a larger square profile. In the centre is the rectangular mirror glass with a beveled edge framed by four gold leaf strips of moulding with a distinctive ribbon twist pattern. There is a pleasingly balanced arrangement of additional framing that connects the inner frame to the outer frame. These pieces of moulding (there are ten in total) each have a raised pattern of half spheres set in a straight line and frame the individual pieces of mirror glass that each possess a beveled edge. There are ten of these smaller mirrors with two pieces at the top and bottom and three on the left and three on the right. This precise symmetry was a hallmark of Adam design and reflected his desire for a harmonious balance between not only the architectural design but also the elements that comprised the interior furnishings. He was renowned for the cohesive nature of his designs for both the exterior and interior of a dwelling. By paying attention to each of the design details and their relationship and proportion he was able to achieve a remarkable impact. This mirror is a fine example of his talent and remains as potent as ever. The straight lines have a contemporary edge along with an undeniable glamour because of the luxurious combination of gold leaf and fine mirror glass. The other significant aspect of this design is that it may be installed either to hang vertically or horizontally because of its symmetrical design. This versatility increases the attractiveness of the mirror as it may be used in a wide variety of spaces while retaining its special quality. less
- 28.5ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 43.25ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- English Traditional
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.