This handsome antique German cabinet circa 1800 was originally constructed and hand decorated for the new bride's home after becoming ... moreThis handsome antique German cabinet circa 1800 was originally constructed and hand decorated for the new bride's home after becoming married. The unique construction shows a pair of cabinet doors that open fully on iron hinges to reveal a large space on the inside. The original lock is located on the right door and the cabinet may only be opened using this key. The beautiful combination of colours and designs are visible across the entire front and both sides of the cabinet and the motifs used reflect the folk art vocabulary of southern Germany and Switzerland. As homes from this period did not use any built in cabinetry for storage a free standing cabinet such as this piece provided a safe and secure place to keep valuables as well as providing a highly decorative addition to the interior. The cabinet has been fitted with adjustable shelves and is an excellent choice for housing a television and the accompanying electronics. less
- 68ʺW × 24ʺD × 72ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
- Black Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Brown Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Folk Art Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Houston Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Iron Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Metal Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Mid-Century Modern Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Paint Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Swedish Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
- Wood Storage Cabinets & Cupboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.