Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Ceramic vase by Win Ng, monumental in size and focused in execution and color.
Winfred Ng was a renowned ceramicist ... moreCeramic vase by Win Ng, monumental in size and focused in execution and color.
Winfred Ng was a renowned ceramicist and craftsman, with an initial focus on abstract, non-utilitarian works in the tradition of Peter Voulkos. Ng was highly influenced by his mentor, Jade Snow Wong. He was among a key group of artists emerging from the post World War II era responsible for establishing a new tradition for American pottery. As a co-founder of the art ware retailer Taylor & Ng, Win Ng established himself as a consummate decorative designer and innovative entrepreneur. Together with his partner, Spaulding Taylor, he became a Pioneer in mass marketing and retail merchandising for finely handcrafted art ware through Taylor & Ng. Yet, it is his renowned focus on Fine art in the final years of his life, as well as his innovations in decorative and ceramic arts underscores his contribution as an artist.
Ng attended San Francisco City College and San Francisco State. He completed his B.F.A. degree in 1959 and was granted the Agnes Brandstein Award for ceramics at San Francisco Art Institute. He exhibited both nationally and internationally in venues such as Victoria & Albert museum, London, Museum Cantini, Marseilles, National Museum of Modern Arts, Tokyo, and Everson Museum, New York. His work was also included in the Eighth international exhibition of ceramic arts, Smithsonian Institute, 1962 Seattle World Fair, and objects USA held at Johnson Wax Corporation. Museum of Art and Design. less
- 9ʺW × 6ʺD × 23ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Arts & Crafts
- Win Ng
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.