Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Weavers from the area of Veramin in central Persia are known for their long, shallow, piled bags that make use ... moreWeavers from the area of Veramin in central Persia are known for their long, shallow, piled bags that make use of elements from Turkmen design. The exact relationship between these weavers and Turkmen traditions is unclear but some of the best examples of these weavings, such as this piece, tend to utilize earlier drawing than might be expected in a later 19th century piece. The proportion of the central gul drawn in this piece is monumental spanning practically the entire height of the field. Flanking its sides, the traditional Turkmen bird-headed devices are drawn against white ground. In the center, an eight-pointed star hovers amid a deep rose-madder element shaped like a traditional ‘chemle’ gul, more commonly found as a repeat element in a group of Salor Turkmen bags and trappings. Collection of Jerry and Kaye Thompson. less
- 1′3″ × 3′9″ and 0.5″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.