Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Weavers from the area of Veramin in central Persia are known for their long, shallow, piled bags that make use ... moreWeavers from the area of Veramin in central Persia are known for their long, shallow, piled bags that make use of elements from Turkmen design. The exact relationship between these weavers and Turkmen traditions is unclear but some of the best examples of these weavings, such as this piece, tend to utilize earlier drawing than might be expected in a later 19th century piece. The proportion of the central gul drawn in this piece is monumental spanning practically the entire height of the field. Flanking its sides, the traditional Turkmen bird-headed devices are drawn against white ground. In the center, an eight-pointed star hovers amid a deep rose-madder element shaped like a traditional ‘chemle’ gul, more commonly found as a repeat element in a group of Salor Turkmen bags and trappings. Collection of Jerry and Kaye Thompson. less
- 1′3″ × 3′9″ and 0.5″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Black Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Blue Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Islamic Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Ivory Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Persian Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Primitive Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Red Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Textile Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Tribal Traditional Handmade Rugs
- White Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Wool Traditional Handmade Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.