Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Though united by language and culture for well over one thousand years, the weavings of the Kurds of Eastern Anatolia ... moreThough united by language and culture for well over one thousand years, the weavings of the Kurds of Eastern Anatolia and neighboring Northwest Persia during the nineteenth century can very seldom be confused. This bagface may represent one of the exceptions. Colorful latch-hook diamonds are drawn in the manner of Jaf Kurd bags in a familiar vibrant palette with several blues and reds. The smaller size of this piece, however, is intriguing as are the finely woven short, multicolored flat-weave fasteners preserved at the top. Both are more indicative of Eastern Anatolian pieces, as is the linked triangular ornament of the orange main border. In rustic Kurdish fashion, there are abrupt shifts in two of the borders. Of particular distinction are two vertical indigo rows bordering the sides of the field, which are crowned by red squares containing animals. (Structurally, the weft on this appears to be two strand un-plied.) less
- 1′10″ × 1′11″ and 1.0″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.