Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Khorosan, a major Persian cultural center and home to renowned classical poets such as Omar Khayam and Ferdosi is less ... moreKhorosan, a major Persian cultural center and home to renowned classical poets such as Omar Khayam and Ferdosi is less known as a major weaving center. While there is evidence that there may have been important production in Herat, part of the same region but now on the Afghan side of the border, since at least the late fifteenth century, it is difficult to precisely identify any surviving examples from this early time. During the nineteenth century, Khorasan was known for both its Baluch tribal rugs and urban workshop pieces using a distinctive paired knot virtually unique to the region. This piece is neither. Instead, it makes use of a fundamentally Eastern Persian palette of deep rose and creams more frequently encountered in the eighteenth and nineteenth-century weavings of neighboring Kirman. The rich rose ground is most likely derived from lac or possibly cochineal. The all-over paisley or “boteh” design is a favorite motif borrowed from Persian textile patterns of the time and speaks to the proximity of this area with the Indian cultural sphere. An inscription in Farsi is present in the center of the top border. less
- 11′2″ × 16′ and 1.0″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.