Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Khorosan, a major Persian cultural center and home to renowned classical poets such as Omar Khayam and Ferdosi is less ... moreKhorosan, a major Persian cultural center and home to renowned classical poets such as Omar Khayam and Ferdosi is less known as a major weaving center. While there is evidence that there may have been important production in Herat, part of the same region but now on the Afghan side of the border, since at least the late fifteenth century, it is difficult to precisely identify any surviving examples from this early time. During the nineteenth century, Khorasan was known for both its Baluch tribal rugs and urban workshop pieces using a distinctive paired knot virtually unique to the region. This piece is neither. Instead, it makes use of a fundamentally Eastern Persian palette of deep rose and creams more frequently encountered in the eighteenth and nineteenth-century weavings of neighboring Kirman. The rich rose ground is most likely derived from lac or possibly cochineal. The all-over paisley or “boteh” design is a favorite motif borrowed from Persian textile patterns of the time and speaks to the proximity of this area with the Indian cultural sphere. An inscription in Farsi is present in the center of the top border. less
- 11′2″ × 16′ and 1.0″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.