Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This magnificent central Persian carpet on a rich madder red ground was woven during the heyday of a renaissance in ... moreThis magnificent central Persian carpet on a rich madder red ground was woven during the heyday of a renaissance in Persian weaving almost one hundred and fifty years ago. The medallion format has a long tradition going back at least to the 15th century. This piece, however, interprets the classic design in the vocabulary of the later nineteenth. The masterfully drawn palmette border on a dark indigo ground exemplifies the neoclassical tastes of the epoch that permeated, not only Europe, but the Near East as well. Ivory corner pieces flank the central medallion with both containing an elegantly drawn jewel-like crystalline lattice. The relationship of these corner pieces to the medallion is striking as well, as the former not only flank the later but in many areas contain it as if to mimic the effects of a secondary border. Excellence of proportion is valued over strict symmetry and in the drawing of the medallion with its two radiating pendentives a delicate balance is achieved by deliberately pairing the elongated bottom half of the medallion with the smaller of the two pendentives and vice versa. Irrespective of what criteria are considered: quality of material, drawing or color; this piece is a masterpiece of 19th century Persian weaving. less
- 14′2″ × 19′8″ and 1.1″ thick
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.