Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This magnificent central Persian carpet on a rich madder red ground was woven during the heyday of a renaissance in ... moreThis magnificent central Persian carpet on a rich madder red ground was woven during the heyday of a renaissance in Persian weaving almost one hundred and fifty years ago. The medallion format has a long tradition going back at least to the 15th century. This piece, however, interprets the classic design in the vocabulary of the later nineteenth. The masterfully drawn palmette border on a dark indigo ground exemplifies the neoclassical tastes of the epoch that permeated, not only Europe, but the Near East as well. Ivory corner pieces flank the central medallion with both containing an elegantly drawn jewel-like crystalline lattice. The relationship of these corner pieces to the medallion is striking as well, as the former not only flank the later but in many areas contain it as if to mimic the effects of a secondary border. Excellence of proportion is valued over strict symmetry and in the drawing of the medallion with its two radiating pendentives a delicate balance is achieved by deliberately pairing the elongated bottom half of the medallion with the smaller of the two pendentives and vice versa. Irrespective of what criteria are considered: quality of material, drawing or color; this piece is a masterpiece of 19th century Persian weaving. less
- 14′2″ × 19′8″ and 1.1″ thick
- Mid 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.