With its field of alternating shrubs or trees in bloom, this Bessarabian Kilim has a design almost more reminiscent of ... moreWith its field of alternating shrubs or trees in bloom, this Bessarabian Kilim has a design almost more reminiscent of textiles than rugs. Here the weaver has used a theme from contemporaneous Romanian and Ottoman embroideries of the 19th century for inspiration. The light field, too, is reminiscent of the un-dyed silk and linen used in these pieces. Textile design was frequently the inspiration for rug patterns of the eighteenth and 19th centuries in the near East, and this piece with its calm and happy aesthetic demonstrates that weavers in Europe's Black Sea region were just as inspired by these textile traditions. less
- 6′1″ × 9′5″ and 1.0″ thick
- Early 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT. Small hole, stains. Back is front. EXCELLENT. Small hole, stains. Back is front. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Blue Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Brown Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Cream Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Edwardian Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Folk Art Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Gold Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Gray Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Khaki Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Oxblood Red Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Tan Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Textile Traditional Handmade Rugs
- White Traditional Handmade Rugs
- Wool Traditional Handmade Rugs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.