Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This 1938 armchair is a fine example of the early American Arts and Crafts revival movement and signed underneath by ... moreThis 1938 armchair is a fine example of the early American Arts and Crafts revival movement and signed underneath by Devon Dennett. Beautiful round and curved arms and legs, dovetail connections and various layers of well preserved old lacquer, capturing the intense and warm color of the wood. It is most likely a mahogany or fruitwood. The leather has a very aged look, to a beautiful extent and the details of it are breathtaking. The small leather strip to cover the nails and the way the seat curves around the legs are other beautiful details. Dennett made his living as a model maker and several of his pieces were shown at the 1945 “Tomorrow's Small House” exhibition at MoMA, New York. He also worked on JFK airport (then known as the Pan Am terminal at Idlewild airport). He learned the craft from his mother, the women's rights activist Mary Coffin Ware Dennett, who was very much into the Arts and Crafts movement. And she taught him very well. We also have a sidetable by Dennett available. less
- 18.7ʺW × 18.31ʺD × 28.15ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Devon Dennett
- Devon Dennett
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Seat Height
- 16.46 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.