Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Designer of precious furniture and elements of decoration, Ado Chale is a Belgian artist born in Brussels, Molenbeek-Saint-Jean in 1928 ... moreDesigner of precious furniture and elements of decoration, Ado Chale is a Belgian artist born in Brussels, Molenbeek-Saint-Jean in 1928. However the green Brabant-Walloon is the theatre of his childhood, galloping, imprinted with pastoral lifestyle. From a father cabinetmaker, was born perhaps the love of the matter, the awakening to the craft work, the education to the skill. He began a career of iron craftsman besides when, serendipitously, or, who knows, perhaps was he guided by some occults convergences of circumstances, at the time of a voyage to Frankfurt, he felt in love of a small mineralogy shop. The orogenetic phenomenon has started, chain reactions, and blooming of an authentic passion for stones under all their forms and colours which leads him from the early Sixties to establish his own mineral shop, situated on the Louise Avenue in Brussels. Soon, he starts to exposes his first creations with inclusions of marcassite which he had collected on the shores of the cape Blanc-Nez in France. His first mosaics works made from patiently collected minerals are at the origin of the creation of a new and unique style imbued with his creative energy. And soon, here comes the era of the mineral kingdom. The honors of the fame occurs, his small shop becomes the relay of the European courts (Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium, the Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, the King of Spain, court of England, of Saudi Arabia, presidencies of the French Republic and German...), stars of the showbiz and celebrities. Ado Chale is a man of truth, because he has the capacity to materialize dream, entirely captivated by his vocation, he travels the world in seargh of noble, rare or invaluable matters; fossil woods in Arizona, tiger's eye in South Africa, lapis lazuli in Afghanistan, agate in Brazil... This treasure is the essence of his work, dream is the catalyst. Ado Chale is a man of emotions and surprises, precious materials, not only, sometimes, opulence, singularity and rarity are emanating from his frantic inventiveness; peppercorns, schist mosaics, buttons of bone table tops... are as many testimonys. Sculptor of time, his work opens out in the four dimensions. Neither tensions nor of straightness, the shapes are infused and released, surfaces of wave or concretions to the subtle and superbly imperfect contours; hereditary trait of character with the most fertile of all the creative entities and uncontested mistress: the Nature and her jewelry case, the Earth's sphere. His gem-work have also travelled widely around the world, Montreal, Paris, New York, Tokyo... Is part of the largest private collections, decorates Royal palaces and acknowledged by the most prestigious architect-decorators. In his workshop in Brussels, a good wind of creation does not cease singing the dream... and the myth of the philosopher's stone. less
- 44ʺW × 21.5ʺD × 16.5ʺH
- Ado Chale
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
- Table Shape
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.