Abstract ceramic mural by Bauhaus-trained potter and sculptor Frans Wildenhain (1905-1980). A student of Moholy-Nagy, Paul Klee, and Gerhard Marcks ... moreAbstract ceramic mural by Bauhaus-trained potter and sculptor Frans Wildenhain (1905-1980). A student of Moholy-Nagy, Paul Klee, and Gerhard Marcks, and the husband of ceramist Marguerite Wildenhain, Frans arrived in America in 1947, and after a brief sojourn at Pond Farm, and a divorce from Marguerite, he settled down in Rochester, NY, teaching at the School for American Craftsmen at R.I.T. HIs utilitarian and artistic pieces are in numerous museum collections in both the U.S. and abroad, including the Smithsonian, the Everson Museum, and the Stedeljik Museum in Amsterdam. He is also the subject of a 2012 retrospective at R.I.T. and the accompanying catalog, "Frans Wildenhain 1950-75: Creative and Commercial American Ceramics at Mid-Century." The present work, likely a spin-off from one of his 1960's public commissions, is one of only a few ceramic murals of this scale in private hands. It was given by Frans and his wife Lillian to a couple who were patrons of the arts in Rochester, and it remained in their collection until this year. In excellent original condition. less
- 54ʺW × 5ʺD × 26ʺH
- Frans Wildenhain
- Frans Wildenhain
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Abstract Sculptural Wall Objects
- Black Sculptural Wall Objects
- Brown Sculptural Wall Objects
- Ceramic Sculptural Wall Objects
- Frans Wildenhain Sculptural Wall Objects
- Mahogany Sculptural Wall Objects
- Mid-Century Modern Sculptural Wall Objects
- Outdoor Decor
- Pottery Sculptural Wall Objects
- Red Sculptural Wall Objects
- White Sculptural Wall Objects
- Wood Sculptural Wall Objects
- Yellow Sculptural Wall Objects
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.