This product is no longer available.
A multitude of blocks approximately 3 1/2 square are pieced of narrow 'log' strips of silk. These are arranged by ... moreA multitude of blocks approximately 3 1/2 square are pieced of narrow 'log' strips of silk. These are arranged by light and dark tonality to create the expanding concentric diamond shapes across the quilt surface that are characteristic of this popular quilt design. A plus is the 2 1/2" border all-around of silk triangles. The maker paid careful attention to the harmony of the materials used within the light and dark portions of each block: the darks concentrate on aubergine and blues mostly, the lights are white and taupe and rose. Each block is centered with a red square, with further emphasis on color placement as seen in the location of the green or taupe strips next to the red squares. The smaller scale of the blocks, and the careful attention to color placement to achieve the overall graphic, are positive factors in evaluating the quilt. The red cotton backing appears to be a later addition. Materials: Silk pieced top, red cotton backing; no batting, but feels as if there is paper used within either as a foundation for the piecing or to provide firmness to the quilt; where there is some loss, it appears that the border of triangles in foundation pieced on cotton. Condition: Approximately two dozen of the myriad blocks have some degree of erosion to the silk strips, a typical occurrence to quilts of this material and age if the pieces have been handled. From a distance these do not interrupt the flow of the design, but are visible on close-up examination. less
- 60ʺW × 70ʺD × 0.5ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.