A multitude of blocks approximately 3 1/2 square are pieced of narrow 'log' strips of silk. These are arranged ... moreA multitude of blocks approximately 3 1/2 square are pieced of narrow 'log' strips of silk. These are arranged by light and dark tonality to create the expanding concentric diamond shapes across the quilt surface that are characteristic of this popular quilt design. A plus is the 2 1/2" border all-around of silk triangles. The maker paid careful attention to the harmony of the materials used within the light and dark portions of each block: the darks concentrate on aubergine and blues mostly, the lights are white and taupe and rose. Each block is centered with a red square, with further emphasis on color placement as seen in the location of the green or taupe strips next to the red squares. The smaller scale of the blocks, and the careful attention to color placement to achieve the overall graphic, are positive factors in evaluating the quilt. The red cotton backing appears to be a later addition. Materials: Silk pieced top, red cotton backing; no batting, but feels as if there is paper used within either as a foundation for the piecing or to provide firmness to the quilt; where there is some loss, it appears that the border of triangles in foundation pieced on cotton. Condition: Approximately two dozen of the myriad blocks have some degree of erosion to the silk strips, a typical occurrence to quilts of this material and age if the pieces have been handled. From a distance these do not interrupt the flow of the design, but are visible on close-up examination. less
- 60ʺW × 70ʺD × 0.5ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Condition Notes
- GOOD GOOD less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.