This sterling silver flatware service for eight was designed by the Bjørn Wiinbald for Rosenthal in 1962. Wiinbald began his ...
moreThis sterling silver flatware service for eight was designed by the Bjørn Wiinbald for Rosenthal in 1962. Wiinbald began his career in Denmark as a ceramicist and quickly became well-known for his brightly colored work, which often features highly-stylized figures lifted from Scandinavian Folk Art. In 1957, Wiinblad was appointed Chief Designer for the prestigious German housewares company Rosenthal, where he designed lines of dinnerware all remarkable for their level of Fine decorative detail. The Romance pattern is iconically characteristic of Wiinblad's work. Each piece has a long, and elegantly tapered handle that flares out dramatically at its base. Delicately inscribed on the base of each piece is a design evoking natural elements, particularly snow and trees made up of gold plated concave ovals and thin raised lines and dots. The service has 8 place settings each consisting of a dinner fork, salad fork, soup spoon, bouillon spoon, teaspoon, dinner knife, and butter knife. Each piece is signed "Rosenthal" with sterling marks.
Germany, circa 1960
8 Dinner forks: 8"H x 1"W x 1"D
8 Salad forks: 7"H x .75"W x 1"D
8 Soup spoons: 8"H x 1.75"W x 1"D
8 Boullion spoons: 6"H x 1.5"W x 1"D
8 Teaspoons: 6"H x 1.25"W x .5"D
8 Dinner knives: 9"H x 1"W x .5"D
8 Butter knives: 6.75"H x .75"W x .5"D. less
- 1ʺW × 5ʺD × 9ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Bjørn Wiinblad
- Place of Origin
- Sterling Silver
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.