This elegant compact mirror was realized, by hand, in Florence, Italy, circa 1900. It features in octagonal body with an ... moreThis elegant compact mirror was realized, by hand, in Florence, Italy, circa 1900. It features in octagonal body with an open compartment at bottom- perfect as a tin for storing makeup, mints or any number of items- and a plain mirror inset into the interior of the top. The front of the piece offers the portrait of a nude female figure, wrapped in a camel and black shawl, presented in profile with a snake wrapping around her neck with a black snake entwined in her silver hued necklace. She has strawberry blonde hair, pearl earrings, and pearl decorations in her hair. There is a Classic pastoral scene in the background with rolling hills and a single dark cloud. Circumscribing the portrait is a silver engraved border with foliate detailing and blocks of hand painted enamel in two rich shades of blue that suggest turquoise. The silver sides are engraved with geometric detailing, while the back of the piece offers an intricate design of floral and foliate motifs. With its beautiful attention to detail and impeccable artisanal aesthetic, this piece is not only a functional compact mirror (or container) but a beautiful objet d'art in its own right. Excellent vintage condition. Inscribed "Firenze 800." less
- 3.5ʺW × 0.2ʺD × 2.6ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent vintage condition Excellent vintage condition less
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.