These rich antique Portuguese chairs have highly detailed leather backs and seats. The leather is attached to the carved wood ...
moreThese rich antique Portuguese chairs have highly detailed leather backs and seats. The leather is attached to the carved wood frames by large brass nailheads, and the motifs on the leather include flowers, leaves, scrolls, and large central cartouches. Within the cartouche of each chair back is a fantastic pair of double eagles. Surrounding the cartouche are more well detailed scrolls, flowers, and linear motifs. In the upper corners of each cartouche are winged cherubs. The seats are embossed with circular motifs having a flower with its leaves at the center. The legs are baluster in shape, and the front aprons consist of an elaborately carved and arched rising form of interlaced scrolls.
These wonderful antique Portuguese chairs can be used at dining table, as host chairs, or as occasional side chairs anywhere they are needed. less
- 19.25ʺW × 14.5ʺD × 52.38ʺH
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- CONDITION: Good antique condition with minor scratches and cracking to leather. Some nailheads replaced for larger ones at some point ... moreCONDITION: Good antique condition with minor scratches and cracking to leather. Some nailheads replaced for larger ones at some point in time. Small area of leather replaced on bottom of one chair back. less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 19.0 inches
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.