Originating from Morocco in the 1950s, this vintage mid-century Moroccan rug employs a distinguished transitional style with an interesting array ... moreOriginating from Morocco in the 1950s, this vintage mid-century Moroccan rug employs a distinguished transitional style with an interesting array of colourways. Hand knotted in durable wool, the geometric figures portray the warding eye, a protection against evil, in vibrant hues of sparking red, blue, green, pink, and yellow with finely woven outlines standing out against the textural beige background. While the separation of background and motif colourways is not unheard of among Moroccan pieces, the meticulous attention to isolating these hues throughout the portrait remarks a level of detail only select Berber rug makers could accomplish. Similarly, while many Moroccan pieces prefer individualized, unmirrored upper and lower guard borders with one-sided fringes, it is rare to see these parallels so intricate colored and carefully crafted as they appear in this piece. less
- 4′3″ × 6′11″ and 0.25″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.