This is a complete set of 3, large antique books, published in 1715 (first published in 1701). They are by ...
moreThis is a complete set of 3, large antique books, published in 1715 (first published in 1701). They are by the famed scholar, Monsieur Adrien Baillet (1649-1706). They are in remarkable condition, considering their age. Most of these books, first published in the early 1700's only exist as fragments or individual pages.
The large leather bound (16 inches tall) books still have their wonderful original gilding depicting small eagles, Fleur de Lys, and other intricate ornamentation. The books are divided into sections: January to April, May to August, and September to December. Directly translated as "The lives of the Saints", the books list and describe every saint for each day of the year, listed in order.
The early 18th century typeface is embellished by some beautiful drawings throughout all books. These rare large scale antique French leather books will be a wonderful addition to any library. less
- 10.75ʺW × 3ʺD × 16ʺH
- Early 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- CONDITION: Good antique condition commensurate with age. Abrasions and wear to covers, some staining to pages. CONDITION: Good antique condition commensurate with age. Abrasions and wear to covers, some staining to pages. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.