Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
The Big Bubble suspensions, colored edition by Alex de Witte
The Big Bubble has already become the icon in Alex ... moreThe Big Bubble suspensions, colored edition by Alex de Witte
The Big Bubble has already become the icon in Alex de Witte’s oeuvre. These light artworks are all unique as they are mouth blown. Alex is pushing the glass blowers to twist their skills further every time again, up until the very moment in which the Bubbles almost collapse. This requires a tremendous control of craftsmanship.
All Big Bubbles are unique and are initially available in three categories:
small, medium and large. The dimensions range from 40 to 110 cm.
The Big Bubble was awarded for Best Product at the 2013 Design District in Amsterdam. A year later it won the Design Plus prize, the Red Dot Design Prize and the Good Design Award at the Chicago Athenaeum.
The Big Bubble is exhibited in museums worldwide.
Alex de Witte
Alex de Witte is fascinated by the universal value of beauty and how to influence that. “It is fascinating to me how people have an overall communal perception of beauty. Like scientific studies have proven over the years, symmetry, repetition, balance and harmony with nature affect people’s idea of perfectness. As a designer it is my quest to try to influence the phenomenon of beauty being found in the beholder’s eye. I aim to play with general perception of beauty and to open up peoples minds in that process.” Alex de Witte constantly forces his own perspective and consequently that of the beholder’s, by twisting the perception of shape and form. Alex is pushing the boundaries of catching the perfect moment in the process of a new work. Is it the so called pregnant moment or the moment right after or even before, which shapes the perfect form? Exactly that playful balance in the process of each work, is what he translates into the ‘initial moment of things’. Every time, Alex first determines strict boundaries within a new design process. After this realm is set considering these limitations, he is searching for the right symmetry and balance that will determine the final form of the new design.
It will take 3-4 weeks to make this piece less
- 14ʺW × 14ʺD × 39ʺL
- Item Type
- Made to Order
- Organic Modern
- Alex de Witte
- Place of Origin
- Blown Glass
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.