Presenting a beautiful and IconicVintage Indian Tapestry of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
We are of the opinion that this ... morePresenting a beautiful and IconicVintage Indian Tapestry of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
We are of the opinion that this is from the early 20th Century, circa 1920.
Made of Cotton and hand-painted with an image of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal , with the former presenting the Taj Mahal to his lover Mumtaz against the background setting of a starry night sky with crescent moon. Each of the ‘star crossed lovers’ are kneeling on a rug and both beautifully attired in traditional dress.
A TRULY ICONIC IMAGE !!!
Very vibrant colors, but the age of the piece is evident from the minor discoloration as evidenced on the white parts in the photos.
We believe this to be a highly desirable piece of Southeast Asian or Indian textile or tapestry and is most likely from Central India as the original collector seems to have had a ‘connection’ with Central India, in that, most of the items he collected were from that region and most were purchased by him at either Christie’s or Sotheby’s NY Auctions between 1999 and 2008. less
- 36ʺW × 0.01ʺD × 24ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good original condition. Very good original condition. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.