Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Pyszczek’s vibrant Façade Paintings emulate the post-communist public murals superimposed on the prefab housing blocks that had been built to ...
morePyszczek’s vibrant Façade Paintings emulate the post-communist public murals superimposed on the prefab housing blocks that had been built to accommodate displaced people in the years after the second world war. After the fall of communism, the buildings were renovated with a skin of Styrofoam and stucco to address heating concerns. Graphic murals were painted on the sides of the buildings in somewhat ludicrous colors with deceptively pleasant, geometric themes, to mask the buildings’ austere origins.
Pyszczek’s painted Dibond panels are superimposed with white tubular frames. The geometric frames are patterned after the omnipresent metal window security bars and railings traditionally found in Eastern Europe going back to communist times.
“People couldn’t readily import commercial products and so they had to rely on the limited amount of goods that could be imported from other communist countries or make things themselves,” says Pyszczek. “This person who’s not a designer or artisan, he’s just a metal worker, ends up expressing some innate creative impulse in this very practical task of making a railing or bars for a window.”
Through a lens of contemporary constructivism Pyszczek’s Façade Paintings represent an autobiographical homage to the culturally revisionist legacy of his native home. less
- 35ʺW × 2ʺD × 47ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Todd Merrill
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.