Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Designed by Karl Springer in the 1980s, this unique floor lamp, one of Springer’s most iconic designs, has been reissued ...
moreDesigned by Karl Springer in the 1980s, this unique floor lamp, one of Springer’s most iconic designs, has been reissued exclusively with Todd Merrill Studio. Springer’s streamlined design features a brass cylindrical base and rounded shade. A small dimming knob at the bottom of the base and a unique honeycomb light diffuser under the shade allow the intensity of the light emitted to be controlled. The lamp both emits and reflects the light around it.
Throughout the 1960s and 1970s, Karl Springer (1931-1991) created custom designs with superb craftsmanship and extreme attention to detail. Though he based his designs on European classical forms, Springer developed an irreverent and non-doctrinaire idiom of bold proportions and highly exotic finishes. His iconic work speaks with the confidence and energy of the 1970s and now finds new relevance in the world of contemporary design.
As published by Architectural Digest in the 1980s, the original lamp is pictured in Karl Springer’s Upper East Side apartment. The lamp is also discussed in Todd Merrill’s book, Modern Americana: Studio Furniture from High Craft to High Glam. less
- 18ʺW × 18ʺD × 57.5ʺL
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Karl Springer LTD
- Todd Merrill
- Karl Springer LTD
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.