Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Inspired by his Biche Desk, the Tusk Chair reflects Alex Roskin penchant for an animality in form. The versatile chair ...
moreInspired by his Biche Desk, the Tusk Chair reflects Alex Roskin penchant for an animality in form. The versatile chair can be used as a salon chair, a desk chair, or grouped for a dining set.
The chair features an mammalian physicality, hand-sculpted and cast in bronze with a dark rubbed patina. The bronze front legs extend from the chair’s body in a bowed fashion while the back legs are hand carved, rendering each chair unique. The seat and back are upholstered in satiny black pony.
Roskin’s works blend functional design with modernist sculptural references. A natural successor of innovative artists such as Richard Serra, Jean Arp, and Constantin Brancusi, Roskin’s cast bronze, stainless steel, and carved wood works reflects the artist’s modernist and primitive influences. Beginning with a series of quick sketches, Roskin captures the movement of a basic form. By sculpting in foam and wood Roskin translates that movement into a structural model that is then 3D scanned so that it can then be cast in bronze, aluminum or steel, and finished with carved wood elements. His works often feature a mammalian physicality with heaving sinuous forms and legs that extend from the body in a bowed fashion.
Rejecting outright anthropomorphic mimicry in favor of subtle, sculpted muscular forms, Roskin notes: “I try with each piece to create a stance and a presence, some with more contrapposto. I aim to give each piece a feeling it is inhaling or ready to make a move. I try to steer clear of the decorative, but rather to draw on mass, volume, line, negative space, and my love of materials and the craft of working with them.”
Upholstery COM / COL less
- 20ʺW × 24ʺD × 32ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Alex Roskin
- Todd Merrill
- Alex Roskin
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 14.0 inches
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.