George Watson Barratt (American, 1884-1962) "Harpers Weekly" Original Illustration c.1912
An original illustration for Harpers Weekly. Original oil on canvas ... moreGeorge Watson Barratt (American, 1884-1962) "Harpers Weekly" Original Illustration c.1912
An original illustration for Harpers Weekly. Original oil on canvas depicting a well-dressed woman standing in the shadow of an early airplane.
This image made the cover of Harper's Weekly magazine on March 9th, 1912.
The painting measures 24" x 37". The frame measures 20" x 43".
The painting shows craquelure throughout, and a few spots of paint loss. The painting has been professionally relined, assuring another century of stability.
Comes with a framed "Harpers Weekly" from 1912.
Signed in the lower-left corner by the artist. Good antique condition. less
- 30ʺW × 3ʺD × 43ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Craquelure throughout. Some spots of paint loss. Professionally relined. Very good antique condition. Craquelure throughout. Some spots of paint loss. Professionally relined. Very good antique condition. less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.