This beautiful antique blue and white Delft table box has scenes of Maritime painting on the top, front and back ...
moreThis beautiful antique blue and white Delft table box has scenes of Maritime painting on the top, front and back panels. The top is hinged, and there is a brass linear rope motif lined at the top with a plain brass linear molding. The top panel features a couple courting with a seascape to the right, and the side panels feature floral paintings. All this rests upon four scrolled feet.
Maritime Art began in the Middle Ages and became a major genre in the Dutch Golden Age of painting during the 17th Century. It brought up the importance of overseas trade to the Dutch Republic. Today, we used Delft to describe blue and white painted tin glazed earthenware or Dutch or English origin. It became popular in the Netherlands in the 17th century, somewhat influenced by the valuable blue and white porcelain coming from China. less
- 13.25ʺW × 11ʺD × 7.25ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good overall condition with split along top, but in solid form. Minor nicks elsewhere. Good overall condition with split along top, but in solid form. Minor nicks elsewhere. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.