Color, along with industrial imagery and objects, are central in Australian artist Ross Tamlin’s photo-realist paintings. He is particularly ...
moreColor, along with industrial imagery and objects, are central in Australian artist Ross Tamlin’s photo-realist paintings. He is particularly interested in the appropriation of found objects in modern art. His compositions are a contemporary examination of industrial materials in which he reconstructs their purpose and function to reveal new relationships between the object and viewer. He works primarily in bright colors combined with primary hues overlaid with text and glazing to produce his version of an industrial landscape. He reworks the traditional idea of landscape painting by incorporating text and the names of familiar places through a modernized interpretation.
This colorful oil and enamel painting on canvas is 33 inches square. The sides of this vibrant hyper-realistic artwork are painted as a continuation of the front. It does not require framing. It is signed and dated by the artist on the front. Free local Los Angeles area delivery. Affordable US and worldwide shipping. A certificate of authenticity issued by the gallery is included.
Ross Tamlin is a full time artist living in Kyogle, New South Wales, Australia. He began a Fine Arts Certificate course at Meadowbank TAFE, and in Brisbane he completed a graphic arts course before returning to Sydney. His signature corrugated iron paintings combine traditional art genres including still-life and landscape along with graphic art. Influenced by the De Stijl movement, these paintings represent a synthesis of art and function. Incorporating the aesthetics of modern industrial technique, the corrugation in his photorealistic compositions is a visual illusion created by layers of paint and varnish.
“My idea was to transmute traditional Australian corrugated iron into works of modern art. The corrugation in the painting is a visual illusion created by layers of paint. Most people can connect with these panels because corrugated iron is a familiar sight both in suburbia and the bush. However, the sense of seeing the traditional is contradicted by the contemporary signage.” The popularity of Tamlin's work has expanded his subject matter, with current works reflecting international signage and locales.
Tamlin's works are held in private collections worldwide, including Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Switzerland, and France. Corporate collections include: ING Bank, Babcock & Brown, Barclays Bank, Saville Hotel Group, Savills Property Group, Minter Ellison, Hai Win Shipping, Allkotes Pty Ltd, Blue Scope Steel Pty Ltd, Sieper & Co., A. P. Moller Maersk Group, Grant Thomas Management, Maridan Pty Ltd, Esprit Changeware Pty Ltd, and Maritime Transport Ltd, London. less
- 33ʺW × 1ʺD × 33ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
67570 does not qualify.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.