Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
First designed by Gaetano Pesce in 1969 for a few years before being discontinued, the lounge chair and pouf UP5 ...
moreFirst designed by Gaetano Pesce in 1969 for a few years before being discontinued, the lounge chair and pouf UP5, also known as Big Mama, Blow Up and Donna, was reissued in 2000 by B&B Italia.
Feminine silhouette with the UP6 pouf, which attaches to the lounge chair with a nylon cord that seems to represent a ball in a chain. The chair is a metaphor for a large and comfortable womb and recalls ancient statues of fertility goddesses. The image of comfort and convenience is therefore combined with the more figurative image of a woman with a ball and chain at her foot. Gaetano Pesce explains the project as follows: "At that time I was telling a personal story about my concept of woman: I believe that women have always been reluctant prisoners of themselves. That's why I decided to give this armchair the shape of a woman with a ball and chain, a traditional image of a prisoner". Over the years, the UP5_6 chair has become an international icon with different names, from "Big Mama" to "Blow Up". It is still a very popular object today.
Because of its large size, combined with the pouf, it can also function as a chaise lounge, an armchair or a club chair.
Measures: Armchair width 120 cm, depth 130 cm, height 103 cm
ball Diameter 57 cm, less
- 47.24ʺW × 55.12ʺD × 40.55ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Excellent Condition, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- RESTORED RESTORED less
- B&B Italia
- Gaetano Pesce
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.54 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 22.44 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.