Oil on Canvas by infamous artist Maximo Caminero who was born in Dominican Republic and has an art career that ...
moreOil on Canvas by infamous artist Maximo Caminero who was born in Dominican Republic and has an art career that spans 30+ years.
Maximo Caminero was born in Dominican Republic in 1962. His work is supported in the ancestral Taino culture. The versatility of his paintings goes through the Caribbean horizon, touching, without hiding, the African legacy. His work does not have the spiritual and religious support that other renowned artists like Wilfredo Lam or Jose Bedia had. He only captures the physical essence of faraway desires. Supported by a number of critics of prestige, his works have been auctioned in notable Auction houses in America and several pieces have been acquired by North American museums.
Máximo Caminero protest
In February 2014, a local Floridian artist, Máximo Caminero, destroyed a coloured vase by the Chinese artist Ai Weiwei in protest at Pérez Art Museum Miami's lack of displays by local artists. The value of the vase was estimated at $1 million. Caminero was subsequently arrested and charged with criminal mischief. Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) . less
- 48ʺW × 1.75ʺD × 54ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Maximo Caminero
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.