Chicago-based artist Patrick Fitzgerald uses his works as a means of resurrecting the idyllic worlds he once found in the ...
moreChicago-based artist Patrick Fitzgerald uses his works as a means of resurrecting the idyllic worlds he once found in the industrial surroundings of his youth. Raised in Grand Rapids, MI, he looks to the raw beauty and inherent potential of his manufacturing hometown as an endless source of creative inspiration. Working from found materials, Fitzgerald constructs miniature versions of soap box cars and the branded attire of their imagined drivers. Each car and jacket set experiments with futuristic forms yet maintains a profound resonance with the past. The pieces are then finished with designs culled from an old 1945 industrial directory, a nod to the small business sponsorship of box car racing. Constructed with meticulous care, each piece is imbued with a sense of storied history and latent vitality, traceable in the minute details and the weathered charm of the hand-painted finish.
Card stock tubing, formed card stock, chipboard, wood, mixed media, collage, acrylic paint, and oil paint. Jacket is set on a custom steel stand. Car is set on a custom wooden stand.
Car: 11.75"W x 1.75"D x 4.5"H
Wooden Stand: 8"W x 3"D x 3.5"H
Jacket: 6.5"W x 3"D x 12.5"H less
- 11.75ʺW × 3ʺD × 12.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Patrick Fitzgerald
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
06824 does not qualify.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.