Carol C. Young is a landscape painter working in acrylics and oils. She is a plein air painter as ... moreBIOGRAPHY
Carol C. Young is a landscape painter working in acrylics and oils. She is a plein air painter as well as a studio artist whose contemporary work is primarily identified by a bold use of light and shadow along with iconic depictions of structures within the rural landscape. A fine arts major at the College of New Rochelle, NY, her paintings have won several awards including best in show at the Pequot Library Art show in Connecticut, first place in the acrylic division at the Rowayton Arts Center in Connecticut, and second place for acrylics/oils at the Mary O. Fritchie Art Show in Westhampton Beach, New York.
Carol resides in Connecticut with her husband David, daughter Isabella, and two Long-Haired Whippets, Cobalt & Hopper.
“My technique is spontaneous. I want to capture the moment in my painting, intrigued by the patterns created by sunlight, shadows and shapes at that time of day. When I paint structures, I am inspired by those that hold history. Ones that have been part of the landscape for a long time - ones that may be gone soon. America's rural landscape influences the majority of my work - structures that have a weathered history are intriguing, lonely and a nostalgic expression that inspires me. Shapes, light, shadows, and the magnificence of color are what move me to paint. I want to capture the beauty of history in an old farmhouse or barn, before the ever changing landscape changes again forever.” less
- 6ʺW × 1ʺD × 6ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Carol C. Young
- Acrylic Paint
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.